Special Message

This blog is dedicated to every woman, and especially horsewomen, who started their motherhood journey a little later than most. If you feel like your story is a theatrical event and you've just begun the 2nd act, then this blog is for you. This blog will communicate what I have learned from growing up a suburban latch key kid, to marrying a cowboy-at-heart, to relocating and raising our daughter in the heart of Rocky Mountain country.

Saturday, April 19, 2014

Music moves my soul


I am not writing this blog to change the world.  I simply want to share my thoughts and emotions.  It is cathartic for me and I need the mental outlet.  While it may be a selfish motivation, I honestly believe I can help others, and if I can give even one person out there in this great big world some hope, humor, or diversion then I have achieved something worthwhile (and maybe I have affected a change anyhow).

So this post falls under the "I am a music nut and think you should be, too" category.   Music has such power, you know?  If I am down, I can turn something great on Pandora radio and be uplifted in a matter of minutes.  I love sitting here in my reclining chair, typing away all of my stresses and swaying a little while Howie Day tells me, "I somehow find you and I collide..."  I adore most '70s and '80s hip hop, arena rock, and new wave music.  However, I can so get into a good jazz or bluegrass tune as well.  And, yes, I do admit it...I just love love love disco and country (even some of the older cheesy stuff, like Whose bed have your boots been under? My humble apologies, Shania, for calling your work "cheesy." But, really?  Who chooses such a dumb title for a song?!)

Pandora radio is such fun!  To date, my fave stations I've created include Enya, David Wilcox, PM Dawn, Little Big Town, Steve Miller, Robert Plant, The Cure, The Ocean Blue, Blue October.  Now I need your help. I am getting stuck in a "Pandora rut," where the same songs are starting to come up over and over.  I started listening to Spectrum Radio on Sirius XM and I have come across some new (to me) bands that are just amazing.  Lorde, Adele and Birds of Tokyo are the first musicians that pop in my head.

So, can you please help out a music junkie?  I need a serious fix.  Post a comment below, with one or two of your favorite "new finds" in the world of great music.  Please do not share any musicians that regularly use vulgar or explicit language.  I love great harmony, lilting tunes, fantastic drums or guitar, and anything that sounds like it was written for the healing of heart.  The songs that bring tears to your eyes and chills on your neck.  I can't wait to see what some of you share!  If you cannot share below, post a comment on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment